Thursday, October 31, 2013

October Blog Post

A blog post for the month of October...

Well, there really isn't much to report. My internship is going well. I'm still helping out at the office and learning new things: managerial skills, the importance of organization, how to perfect spreadsheets, etc.. My essential question remains pretty much the same: "what is the best way to run a successful non-profit organization?" And my answer is still leaning towards public image.
I do have to say though, my service learning hours have me thinking if I really want to have a desk job when I graduate college. Although a desk job usually means that you'll be getting decent pay and benefits, I don't think I'll be able to handle one. Everything is too structured and procedural for my taste. That doesn't mean that I regret taking on the topic I did for senior project. I feel like I should do some exploring, and non-profit work offers me a good starting point.

Lesson one presentation was kind of helpful. I now know that I have to get better at presenting in order for me to make it through two hours of presentation. During the lesson one presentation, I noticed that I was messing up my words a bit, so I'll have to make sure that I enunciate. Furthermore, I realized that I unnecessarily repeated some information. So I'll have to create some sort of mental checklist.  

Yeah well that's about it for this month. I hope that by next month I'll be informed enough to be able to comfortably "present" on my topic for at least 15 minutes. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment