Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Independent Component 1 Approval

Here's what I plan to do...


  1. For my thirty hours, I plan to volunteer at Uncommon Good, a non-profit organization. Most likely, I'll help with typical office stuff as well as organizing events such as cleaning a local park. I'll also help contact members of the Uncommon Good program and remind them of appointments and important dates.
  2. I will show evidence of the completion of my thirty hours by taking pictures and photocopying any non-sensitive documents. As for proving that I actually did 30 hours, I'll draft a form for my mentor (he works there) to sign.
  3. This will help me explore my topic by further allowing me to develop the working habits needed to be a successful employee at a non-profit organization as well as learning how to plan events necessary for the accomplishment of a non-profit's goal. Also, just by hanging around a professional non-profit, workplace I'll be able to pick up on certain important skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment