Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mentorship

Literal
Contact name: Carlos Carrillo
Mentorship place: Uncommon Good
Mentorship Log

Interpretive 
The most important thing that I've gained from this experience is the fact that I now have a good idea of what it takes to work in an office setting as well as an altruistic setting. I've realized that although I do like nonprofit work, I don't want to do nonprofit work in an office. I'm just not cut out to do that. I am greatly thankful for this experience because I can now narrow down my career choices. 

Applied
In my time spent volunteering with Uncommon Good, I had the opportunity of observing and talking to the staff. After talking with Nancy Mintie and Rebecca Gifford (both of whom I ended up interviewing), I was able to conclude that my best answer was solid and well chosen. They reaffirmed my answer as well as helped me by recommending sources (such as the Stanford Social Innovative Review).

No comments:

Post a Comment