Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog 5 Project Reflection and Working EQ


Pentagon

1) One positive thing that has happened as a result of the research I've done is that I've become more knowledgeable about non-profit organizations. Prior to researching, all I knew was that they weren't profit oriented and that their main goal was to help the community/people. I am now familiar with the inner-workings of a non profit organization and the many types of non-profits there are out there.

2) "The Open University Launches New Creative Learning Initiative" This article really put into perspective just how much a non-profit organization can accomplish. The "Open University" is a massive online database where students and other scholars can share information and learn for free. This is amazing to me because it provides and excellent education for no cost at all.

3) One of thing that has worked out for me/my senior project has been the summer mentorship. Direct/ hands on work has definitely helped me understand what one does at the office of a non-profit organization and how it differs from the activities performed in the office of a profit-oriented company.

4) The only thing that hasn't really worked for me so far is the way I do research. Eventually, I'll find something interesting and relevant, but I just feel that it takes way too long to get to that point. I'd like to hone my researching skills to the point where I can find what I'm looking for almost right away.

5) a) A question I might want to study this year (as a working EQ) could be: What are the fundamentals for success when working with a non-profit organization?
b) I'm not 100% sure of where I'd like to mentor, but I'm thinking that a non-profit law firm or a non- profit news organization would be the most adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment